FSDiscover Files Required

Jay Kae

Hey all,

I have been getting a lot of emails off late about whether or not there are FSDiscover files available but if anyone has any can you please tell me where to get them so that I can maybe bundle them and make them available for those amongst us who are not nav savvy like the rest of us ;) All help welcomed !!

hehe, been there done that.  I setup the .dat file for all the airports for OZx 2.0 and can post here also, did not get around to posting them the other day.  I think there is over 240 entry lines in that file now!!!

Will get setup later tonight.  All I did for those that can not wait, is to bring up the KML file that was provided with the OZX 2.0 documents, and copy over the new 2.0 info to the .dat file that I have for OZx 1.1 and then copy to the my documents\fsdiscovery location.  Had them all then.  Will do when I get home from work.

Try this for the files, and put this in your fsdiscovery files location...

http://www.adrive.com/public/fe627a78c23a8f28ecbed857af5d782560d08b8679b263c996abf970efffc80b.html

This is a new file hosting site that I had to try to switch to, ISP changes previous setup, and could not use any longer.  If someone could test and let me know how it works! thanks.  Once this is tested, can get over on the OZx site, and you want to link on that site feel free JayKae.

Sorry I think it's lazy,  just go find 'em and don't wait for big neon signs in the air, they don't exist in the real world.

We constantly remark at things and say Oh how real is this with the great scenery and ground sets available today and yet some want to basically cheat to find things. Not in the spirit of "As real as it gets" .

big neon signs in the air

There are ways to use FSDiscover which need time and experience with the program to discover (pun intended  ;)) which are not lazy, are not necessarily used regularly, and can enhance the 'as real as it gets' experience- and as I can see your point Mozz,  I'll say no more about these methods, but  leave it to you (if you're so inclined) to 'just go find 'em'.  ;D

I forgot to change the name of the file in the .dat file correctly, and still had it at 1.1, the file does contain all of the 2.0 files.  I did correct the name in the actual file, used excel, and it comes up as 2.0 now.  I sent the corrected file to the download site if you want to download again.

Re-downloaded the file after correcting the name in the file and it shows OZX 2.0 Points of interest correctly now.

Mango: not sure why that would be a problem, I tested the download here with Firefox 3.0.5 and it worked fine for me.  Let me know if you still have problems and I can email it to you.

You should be able to find the path in following type of format: C:\Users\Gary W...\Documents\FSDiscover Files

I just put this .dat file in this path, and then when your in FSX, goto the options in FSDiscovery and put check mark by the OZx 2.0 points of intrest and that should be all you need to do.  Hope this helps.

Thanks JayKae, feel free to setup anyway you like, glad I could help out with setup of file.  And big thanks to person that setup the original KML file for all of the airports originally, that comes with the airport documentation.

• 1 month later...

Archived