Cannot see new EU England scenery

Samb

Hi, I recently purchased Orbx - FTX: EU England.

I've installed it with no issues but for some reason just cannot see the new detailed scenery and was wondering if you could help.

I had no issues during installation. Open the FTX Central and Applied Europe over Default. I load FSX (also changed various settings to match those in the Orbx documentation PDF). In the Scenery Library I see what I believe to the correct libraries loaded: 

1. FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

2. FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY

3. FTX_EU_ENG_06_CVX

4. FTX_EU_ENG_07_MESH

5. FTX_EU_ENG_08_CUSTOM

Followed by what I assume to be the default libraries included with FSX.

However despite everything appearing to be installed correctly, checked via tools in the FTX Central tool e.g. 

Products Installed Report

- FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 121010 10th October 2012

- FTX EU ENG England v1.00 - 14 Nov 2012

- Region files validated and Scenery.cfg validated.

I still see the same scenery as without the Orbx scenery installed.

Can you think of anything I may be missing or something I can try? I'm assuming I don't need any additional software to run this scenery?

Thanks for any support in advance. Please let know if you need me to answer any other questions.

Hi,

You appear to have done everything correctly, can you post a screenshot of what you see

how to post a screenshot http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/45944-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Do you have any other addons?

Also there is 3 Patches for England found here http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#eng

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for the long delay in replying myself.

My Dad has no other add-ons. I'll install the patches for him, but I assume that shouldn't stop the scenery showing at all and just fix a few bugs?

Here are a few pics of various places in the UK that I would expect to be much better, in fact I think what we're seeing is still the game's default.

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

Hey, the settings are exactly as described in the Orbx manual.

The machine it's running on is old but I would've thought capable of much better results than we're seeing. Used to see much better scenery using VFR Scenery and a way lower spec machine.

• Dell Dimension 9200
  • 2.67 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB

• 3 weeks later...

Archived