NZSI Installation Problems

Ian-D

Having got the NZSI DVD install to the point where I switch to Oceana and Apply in FTX Central, I then got an Unhandled Exception message. "Could not find the path":

G\Program Files\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\BLDA2.dds. Plus a whole lot of supporting script that I could supply if needed. I did an uninstall in line with forum FAQ's and tried twice more with the same result.

Eventually I proceeded with the install rather than quit and seemed to get V1.01 up and running in FSX. I can't say I was over impressed with the relatively limited changes I was seeing (even though NZSI was apparently successfully installed) so I decided I ought to download and install the 02 update and latest library to see what difference that made.

Having just installed the NZSI 02 update I now find FSX will not respond on start up and reversion to FSX default scenery in FTX Central makes no difference.

I have to say that my experience of this Orbx software is begining to more that frustrate me. For a relatively expensive scenery DVD, I have already wasted hours because nothing seems to work quite as instructions indicate they should.

I would really appreciate some help to recover my FSX installation, without a very time consuming reload of a lot of software.

If  someone can help me to get NZSI working as it should I would appreciate that too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how to close this topic.

After a complete uninstall of my existing FSX and a complete clearout of residual files, as per the PMDG method, I re-installed FSX Acceleration and installed FTX NZSI again.

Once again FSX suffered a fatal error, even though I had followed the installation instructions to the letter. I repeated the process above and tried again. On pressing the Apply button to switch to "Oceania" and getting the confirming "ding" and "Unhandled Exception" message, as before, I hesitated over whether to close FTX Central and start FSX. At this point I realised that I was getting a "Busy" icon overlaying FTX Central where I had left the mouse pointer. Coincidently, I was diverted from any further action by a phone call and found on my return that the "Busy" icon had finished. After closing FTX Central and starting NZSI I found it had installed correctly. Subsequent installation of the 02 update and latest library went without problem and NZSI is working correctly.

My experience on my system has been that in step 3 the FTX Central screen has appeared very quickly, giving the clear impressiuon that the installation is ready for the next step.  

It seems to me that the installation instructions should reflect in step 4 that installation may take some time after pressing the "Apply" button, rather than indicating this at step 3?

Having now got NZSI installed I'm very pleased with the end result, but still frustrated at the time in has taken to get there and the substantial software reloading still left. I will now be looking to install NZNI and PNW in the future.

Archived