65S Night Lighting

GrayRider

I installed 65S about an hour ago. It looks great to me. No flaws noted that I could see.

Though I want to ask about general night lighting in and around the hangers and the main field areas where the planes park. I put myself there at 2100 Hrs. Being dark out. I didn't see much lighting?.

I then took a ride in my jeep down to the Exxon gas station and the shops across the street. There is no night lighting at the gas station or the pumps. The vehicles and trucks there do light up. I kind of thought I might see some night lighting driving down the main road. Such as light poles etc.

I just wanted to mention the above. It may be normal about what I'm not seeing at night etc.

Maybe someone could add some night shots, within the airfield and the road that goes by the field to the gas station etc.

GrayRider

Hi GrayRider, as far as the lighting on the airport itself I thought I pretty well had that covered, the fact of the matter is there just aren't many lighted things on the real world airport at night. You should see the ground lit up around the terminal building, the fuel pumps, and underneath a light attached to a pole just east of the Phillips 66 hangar. Additionally there should be some light effects attached to the light pole objects themselves, and the windsock to the south should also light up. Are you seeing these things?

For the light poles on the roadways, there seems to be a discrepancy with the latest version of the Orbx libs which are bundled with the 65S installer, I presume due to the new FTX Global lighting the file responsible seems to be missing the FTX light poles. If you simply cycle your FTX night icon once this issue should take care of itself and the light pole objects around the Exxon station should return, Alex has placed a number of them along all the roadways around Bonners Ferry. I'm sure this will be rectified in a future version of the Orbx libs, however it's currently beyond my control.

The actual LMs associated with the Exxon station model and surrounding buildings were indeed something I didn't get around to making prior to release, they are however on my list for a service pack once we gather a definitive list of discrepancies so that we'll only have to patch the airport once.

Appreciate your support in purchasing 65S BTW :)

Jim

Archived