NIR Slightly odd sea textures in Strangford Lough

Tonkenna

screenshot.2.jpgFirstly, let me say I'm really enjoying the NIR scenery, I feel like I've been waiting for a long long time for NI. Landclass is so much more workable than photoreal scenery.

Anyhow, I have a slight query - the sea textures in the north west of Strangford Lough have some very white shallow water at the edges, I've never seen anything that bright when I've flown around that area, I'ts not a huge issue, but the more I fly around there (from Newtonards, where I learned to fly), the more it's bugging me.

Any chance it might be changed in a future update?

Regards,

Phil

The texture probably just needs darkened down a bit to a sandier, more brownish hew. If you can use Photoshop or Gimp or something similar, it shouldn't take too long to sort it out to your liking. Once I can get my scenery.cfg sorted where FTXNIR isn't plonking default buildings and FTX trees all over custom airports in the area, I'll have a look at it myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tony, sorry I only just noticed your reply - the topic seems to have vanished from the forums..... anyway, I agree it's the tone of the colour rather than the presence of the flats that is the issue. If you got a chance to modify the texture, that's be wonderful, I'm not competent with GIMP/PS myself, unfortunately.

Regards,

Phil

Archived