Australia SP4: AI not visible at certain airports

Hi fellow simmers,

I bought the Australia package earlier this year. When I installed it I encountered the problem that some others have had, namely being asked to insert disc #2. I left it there for some time during the northern summer, but a few weeks ago I read the forum advice on how to solve it. The installation went fine after this. However, at some Australian Airports the AI traffic is invisible. From a certain altitude AI is visible, but not on ground, with a few exceptions - "JetGo Australia" from AI Malcontent and TFS' Air China 77W can be seen. Airports affected are Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Townsville and Darwin. Airports where all's OK are Adelaide, Canberra, Perth and Melbourne.

Initially I thought something was corrupt with the AFCADs, so last week I downloaded Brisbane from flightsim.com and put it above FTX in the Scenery library in FSX to see if this would work, but it didn't - AI not visible on ground.

Does anyone have any clue to this very annoying problem?

Also, I have tried to delete OrbX files accordiong to the de-installation instruction under the FAQ section at the forum.

Cheers,

Blue Wiggle

• 2 months later...

G'Day all

I'm having a similar issue after a reformat and upgrade to W7 x64. With all the AU regions and AU Traffic v4 installed, some aircraft appear to be invisible. This is occuring to severl models and it doesn't seem to matter if they are in the air or not.

0BxRh.jpg

Missing aircraft but it's there apparently...

EOdQu.jpg

I'm guessing the SAABs all use the same model?

1A3lK.jpg

Archived