Holger’s Mesh’s ‘meshed up’

wingclip

Hi Folks, (and you to Holger if you happen to catch this one),

Recently I installed the Death Valley Scenery Mesh:

File Name: mesh_DeathValley_USGS_LOD4-12.bgl

Author: Holger Sandmann, hsandman@shaw.ca

Date of Release: January 2009

And then I installed the Grand Canyon V2 and the manual for it states in part:

“IMPORTANT: FOR THOSE WHO DOWNLOADED THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE GRAND CANYON AND THE OLD VERSION OF HOLGER’S MESH SEPARATELY, YOU HAVE TO UNINSTALL THEM BEFORE TO INSTALL THIS NEW VERSION, BECAUSE IT’S NOT COMPATIBLE AND THE MESH ARE NOW ALREADY INCLUDED….â€

I’m doing a clean installation to a dedicated HDD so I don’t have any previous versions of anything. But I can’t seem to get my mind around that instruction because I’ve read references to “Holger Mesh†in several other websites and even came upon a “Holger Mesh†download that I believe was meant for a US territory (I think).

I know that there’s one for Australia but as far as the US and maybe even all of NA, is there any other Holger Mesh covering those areas?

Also, the Mesh that the GC v2 instructions refer to is not going to conflict with the mesh in Death Valley, right?

I guess I just need to know if I have to uninstall the DV mesh because that’s what they were referring to when they said this GC v2 is the latest even though they’re two different areas… I don’t know.

Thanks, Rich

Archived