Uninstaller-Switch / Patch / JV contact

Kosta

Hello,

As it is 18th today, I would like to ask couple of things:

What is the progress on the uninstaller or the switch for the FTX Global? Just like it was always for the FTX areas.

- the need for this is high, as to maintain the assurance if the FTXG is indeed mixing up the stuff in FSX, or not

- this was announced to come out 2 days after the release, now it has been more than couple of weeks if I am not mistaken

When is the patch coming out? Just an informative question...

Also John, could you please contact me personally, preferrably per email (you should have it through the forums). I would like to ask couple of questions, which I don't think should be put to general public before asked privately.

The uninstaller is in beta testing, and not far off by the looks of it.  Can't release untested things.

With regard to the patch you refer to, if you are referring to the 'DX10 fixes'?   These are Steve Parson's work, and he will be releasing these as they are ready.

As to contact details for John, he is currently away, and out of radio contact for a while, so it may be worth bumping this topic when you see him back on the forums.  Support is not typically carried on through email, so it will be at his discretion as to releasing his email/other contact details.

Ian,

Are we talking uninstaller or switch, via FTX Central? Or both?

I am referring to the v1.1 patch, some LC patch, lights performance... etc. Not interested into DX10 however.

I understand that, I only hope he decides to contact me privately. My understanding was that he will be back on 18th, this is why I posted this today.

Ok, gotcha.

Uninstaller in beta.  Out when ready.

I don't have an ETA on the patch / service pack for FTXGlobal. Unfortunately, it hasn't been policy to give ETA's, not because we're being tricky, but because it's not really possible to give an accurate date.   The times when we have given ETA's the expectations run rife, and then people get cranky when the 'date' passes and things haven't been released.

Worse than not having a long-awaited patch, is having a botched release that creates havoc for all, so things have to be ready, and that process is independent of the asking.

Ian, am I speaking a foreign language or are we missing each other's points?

I did not ask WHEN. I asked IF you are making a switch? A switch in FTX central, which will enable the user to switch from FTX Global to FSX Default, just like it was/is possible with FTX region products!

A switch is not likely to be provided. From the first product descriptions Global has been described as a new default baseline. As with other mass texture replacements if you want to switch back to default the uninstaller will perform this function once it has finished testing.

I'm just thinking out loud here Kosta. While this could wait until a full uninstaller is available it could be done now without the uninstaller.. Since it is very clear which files are modified or replaced and with Global,  a person might do a full install of global, then save all the FTXG files (set aside with them in a separate set of folders) that are necessary for FTXG to run and then do the uninstall (setting the sim back to where it was before FTXG), then create a batch file that could/would swap the files (like autogen descriptions, lclookup etc, the texture sets) back and forth so that one could either have FTXG showing or not simply by running the batch file.

FYI...I have two full sets of world/textures that I use....once is made up with Aimé Leclercq's photo real with autogen textures and all I do is rename the "Textures" folder to activate and deactivate the full set of textures....it works....while this would not work with FTXG it is the same principle.

However, I'm still waiting until I know there is a working uninstaller for this product.

Bryan, thanks for the suggestion. I actually hold backups of everything, as I said from about a month ago. I was able to restore.

And the fact that in my FSX, the backups are not even present where they should be, well, another story altogether, for which I have the other thread.

But yes, I already played with more "Texture" folders in SWT, and that worked out fine. Just too fussy for me ;-)

Archived