Flight plan problems; FTXG and NABlue

jb44mag

I purchased and installed NABlue a couple/few months ago, and liked it very much.  One problem was detected with flight plans.  Creating a "low-level" flight plan from, for example, KBFI to CYZP is in error, as a large jog is taken east once entering British Columbia.  I tried to install update 5 but had errors (as I previously reported on this forum).

A couple of weeks ago, I purchased and installed FTXG and it works perfectly, and displays the correct Low Level Flight Plan when running in the non-hybrid mode.  Selecting hybrid operation displays the incorrect low-level flight plan.

I decided to try and install update 5 again for NABlue, after first selecting North America in FTX Central, per instructions.  This time the update installed perfectly.  However, opening FTX Central there is no longer an option for "hybrid operation."  Instead, there are four icons now in the selection window: Default FSX, FTX Global, another FTX Global, and North America.  Instead of "hybrid" selection in the option area, there is only "Use Orbx Trees" available.  When checking the previous discussed low altitude flight plan, only the error one is displayed, which indicates to me, we are alway in the hybrid mode.

Please suggest a fix.

Regards,

jb44mag

(Jim)

Hello Jim

When you reinstalled the NABlue PNW SP5 (After FTX Global) it overwrote the latest ORBXLibs and newer core files.
(That is why you are seeing icon errors and lack of hybrid mode)

The fix is simple, download the latest ORBXLibs from here and reinstall.

ORBXLIBS 130723 & ORBXLIBS CORE 130723

After You install the latest libs, I suggest you select North America and apply, then select Global, tick the options and apply again..

Note: There are some errors on the KSEA airport included in SP5. See this topic for a fix

Looks like further changes to KSEA for PNW SP5 invalidated the previous fixes

Don't know about the Flight plan errors. I would have to test on my FSX PC.

Cheers.

Archived