YSCB ILS R35 Runway Centerline latteral offset

PeteBest

Hi Guys - Having a bit of an issue with YSCB Canberra flying the ILS for R35 - If memory serves me correctly it is something I didn't have before a complete reinstall some months ago have I missed an update or something?

My problem is that when Im established on the glidepath It becomes very apparent on long final in both the VC and External view that whilst I'm parrallel with the runway center line I'm offset to the right by about a full runway width - Both the Garmin and Aspen 1000 show I'm on the money but the mark one eyeball says different.

I have flown the YSCB R35 ILS with the same results using the following AC

1. Flight1 Cessna T182T with the full monte G1000
  2. Carenado A36 Bonanza with standard and XP Realty Garmin 430
  3. Carenado CT206H using their Garmin G1000 which seems to be a knockout (haven't tried the Carenado G530 in the series but don't think it will be any different)

Would appreciate any hints/advice/comments

Cheers Pete

Hi Peter!

I am really not 100% sure what exactly may cause this and as far as i think there actually might be several factors that may need to be taken into account.

I will add one (possible) factor here now though, because i also experienced what You have described above and i was at least able to minimize its effect a bit in the sim, after i did some research over the web.

The thing i refer to here is the fact that the real world's magnetic variation is and actually can hardly be taken into account within FSX.

This may cause some inaccuracies with any sim navdata, navaids or whatsever and also the runway alignement for instance then.

I may be totally wrong here, but after i read through this informative thread here at the PMDG site at AVSIM (You need to log in to read it):

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336155-magnetic-variation-updates-for-fs9-and-fsx/

and at this great site then here:

http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids.html

... it may be at least worth to consider updating Your current magnetic variation data within FSX as described above.

Just an idea though!

Cheers, Christoph

Giday Christoph

Mate you were right on the money - after reading the avsim comments went to Hervé Sors site via the link you supplied, downloaded and installed the 2010 magdec.bgl file and did a quick trip down the YSCB R35 ILS - all is good with the world again - right down the centreline.

I'm still wondering what caused the problem in the first place but suspect it may have been a recent Navigraph data update for the Majestic MJC8-Q400

Thanks once again Christoph much appreciated.

Giday Christoph

Mate you were right on the money - after reading the avsim comments went to Hervé Sors site via the link you supplied, downloaded and installed the 2010 magdec.bgl file and did a quick trip down the YSCB R35 ILS - all is good with the world again - right down the centreline.

I'm still wondering what caused the problem in the first place but suspect it may have been a recent Navigraph data update for the Majestic MJC8-Q400

Thanks once again Christoph much appreciated.

Hi Pete!

Great to read that all works fine for You now!

One - minor "warning" though:

Even with the latest updates of the magdec.bgl file some more or less deflections can and will appear. But it sure is a great and most noticeable improvement to the better!

And i think that i can assure You that the latest Navigraph update is not(!) the main reason for all these troubles! Because the Navigeraph data is based on current real world data, while the "FSX base" is not ... at least not anymore (it once was, but by now it is outdated).

That's why undertaking an update of the magdec.bgl file from time to time is so very use- and helpful.

I am just mentioning this because and at least from my point of view, any Navigraph update has never caused any issues in this regards.

I also have the RealityXP GNS 430 and 530 in use and both are not getting updated by Navigraph - but even they do often do not align correctly anymore with the FSX default "nav-base" so to speak.

But here as well: Updating the magdec.bgl file brought significent improvements to the better!

So - to sum it up:

No worries in regards to undertaking any updates regarding Navigraph - as long as the magdec.bgl file is - at least overall - up-to-date with the real world, all should work quite nicely!

Happy flyings and landings, Christoph

Hi Christoph

Note your comments experiencing the problem in the Reality 430 &530 without the Navigraph upgrades.

Have you tried using the 2013 magdec.bgl file update? I didn't bother using it given the initial results with the 2010 file but just wondering if its worth installing? What are your thoughts?

Cheers Pete

Hi Christoph

Note your comments experiencing the problem in the Reality 430 &530 without the Navigraph upgrades.

Have you tried using the 2013 magdec.bgl file update? I didn't bother using it given the initial results with the 2010 file but just wondering if its worth installing? What are your thoughts?

Cheers Pete

Hi Pete!

I also stay with the 2010 file at the moment and am very happy with it!

But maybe one day or another i will fiddle around with the 2013 file as well because the "install/uninstall" process is pretty much straight forward anyways.

But for now i am really happy with the 2010 file!

Cheers, Christoph

Archived