Green airport pad findings / Temporary fix for those interested

bonchie

Played around with ADE trying to fix the green pads under desert airports with Global.

For those that want to fix certain airports here's how to do it. Airport backgrounds are part of landclass definitions (I didn't realize this originally). The issue is simple. You need ADE (latest version).

In ADE create a polygon around the airport boundary, double click it when done, and then select it as landclass in the popup box. The first things in the landclass list will be the airport pad textures. Airfield1, airfield2, barren desert, etc.

Airfield2 is normally your desert pad but it now has the same texture as Airfield1 (your normal green pad) even though the thumbnail will show otherwise. So you need to select barren desert. It actually blends pretty well.

That's it. Compile the airport and the pad will be replaced with the proper color. I was able to fix KABQ this way in a few minutes.

As for an overall fix for all airports, it seems like simply assigning the right texture to "airfield2" should fix this as that's the texture the landclass products will be calling for desert airports. That's just speculation though. There could be more to it.

If anyone needs further guidance let me know and I'll try to be more specific on what to do in ADE.

Archived