SAK Airports and individual object files

Dave_YVR

I just picked up SAK and I like to edit certain FTX airports with ADE to remove some of the unwanted static aircraft. What I've noticed though is that most of the airports now get their objects from a shared main object file. One of the best parts with the other FTX packages was the ability to edit airports to my liking but now that has become very hard to do.

Most of the larger sealed surface airports still get their objects from individual files that can be found in ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY/scenery. The files should be FTX_SAK_objects_PXXX_PLC.BGL, or similarly named. However many of the unmarked turf strips are combined into shared files as you noted. These objects are contained within the same folder and are entitled FTX_SAK_objects_[central/eastern/western]_turf_X.bgl. You should still be able to edit them either using ADE or using Instant Scenery

Wow thanks for that super quick reply Alex!

The airport in question so far is CYXY. The objects used there come from FTX_SAK_objects_Canadian_PLC.bgl. If I import this file to remove some of the statics I have to leave the original file in it's place otherwise it removes the objects from all the other airports contained within this file.

My work around so far was to edit every Canadian airport in SAK and import the Canadian Objects file to each one. Lucky there aren't too many airports to edit but so far so good, just a bit of a pain.

Hi Dave,

I Try to make an object file for each "hard surfaced" (ie: asphalt, concrete, etc) but there were so few Canadian airports I just lumped them into one file to save files.  For grass, gravel, etc airports I generally pool many together since most of these airfields have few if any objects.  It does sometimes get to be an interesting job finding the object file needed but I have a listing of all the airports of each region that also contains the info on the object file pertaining to that airport.  Sorry if this can be confusing but it does make my job easier and saves on file count.  

Cheers, Neil

Archived