Problems after installing FTX Global

Masse67

Hi, after I installed FTXGlobal I got big problems with my FSX. It works fine when I start a flight but after awhile it gets very blurry, my memory usage goes sky high and it looks so bad so I exit FSX, then it crashes due to high memory usage, up to almost 6Gb...

Had no problems before and I have also changed settings in scenery but nothing seems to help. I have FS Global Ultimate and REX plus hd overdrive.

qe5Y.jpg

T/O EKCH PMDG 737-600

LmPOb.jpg

climbing 11000..

and over poland...

muZ8N.jpg

Hi, My computer specs are I7 860 cpu oc to 3.7Ghz, 16 gb ram, 

Gainward GeForce GTX 460 1024 mb "golden sample" 

I know that FSX has a limit about using memory. But all this started after installing FTXGlobal. I have changed settings back and forward inside FSX and also nade modifications in the fsx.cfg file. I have improved visuals a little better but I am not happy yet with my fsx. I do suspect my gpu is much to weak to run FTXGlobal.

Mats.

Unlikely this specific issue is due to GPU as such.  Note that FTXGlobal is mainly terrain textures, and autogen .. 

I suspect that in your particular case some other settings in combination with the increased autogen and texures must be leading to your problems.

Are you running fsx.cfg tweaks (eg a high texture max load, high LOD radius, or bufferpools tweaks)

If so, I would certainly suggest:

Shutdown computer and restart

Rename fsx.cfg and let fsx rebuild it when fsx is restarted.

(My point above, is that I don't think it is possible for the FSX.exe process to use 6Gb as you suggested in your original post)

I will order a new gpu today. Gtx 770. Strange when i shut down fsx, stops at around 18% and i see how usage of memory just raises and then an error message that FSX ran out of memory. I will soon do a testflight and let you know how it works. Also when i get the new gpu i will weite here the results..:) thanx for your replays..:)

Yes, i know but i start with replacing my gpu. I have seen spikes, like a fence so I start with gpu. If i still have problems i replace motherboard and cpu next.. :)

Well, another way to solve problems but it's up to you.

Spirit

Did several flights today with and without addons. Still problems and also when I shut down fsx it crashes due to high usage of memory. I did some tweaks and I got some kind of nice textures when I am close to the ground. I get my new gpu this afternoon and if it doesn´t help I will uninstall FTXGlobal and see what happens. Or I have to reinstall everything and start over from scratch.  

Further to the suggestion above.

Have you rebuilt a plain untweaked fsx.cfg file.

If you have system instability this is usually the problem.

As much as you can categorically say anything, a landclass texture and autogen addon does not (in itself) make a system unstable.

It has been working fine til I installed FTXGlobal. Now I am just trying to do a whole flight. I guess I will have to untweak everything then and if thats not working.. reinstall. Just got my new gpu card. Soon do a testflight.

If you have been flying over standard FSX terrain, or indeed different scenery with less detail (in particular things like autogen) it is quite possible that your 'old' settings will overload your computer.

Take LOD-radius for example ... if the scenery has little in it you might be able to fly with a LOD radius of 9.0, but the moment you have densely annotated autogen that LOD-radius will be unsustainable and cause the sim to run out of memory and crash.

The same could be said for aggressive bufferpools tweaks, etc.

For many FTX developers the ONLY tweak used is the HIMEMFIX = 1 tweak.  Personally, I have found cfg tweaks to be the major source of instability, and so i simply don't use them any more.

A clean fsx is the best place to start.

I had HIGHMEMFIX=1 installed and I lowered the LOD-radius up and down and I set it at 4.0000 at the end.. but I don´t really know what happend. I do a clean install now and I will do a testflight in a couple of hours I hope. 

After installing win7 again and fsx totally from scratch, everything, scenery and airplanes... It works. I fly PMDG 737-800, REX essentials HD, FS Global UT and FTXGlobal and it works. Why it started to use up all my ram after installing FTXGlobal I have no idea about. I also have all my sliders maxed inside FSX and also tweaked with nvidia inspector. And it is looking pretty good and runs not perfect but smooth.  So far so good ;)

Archived