Direct X Problems

Hello all,

This issue is not directly related to OrbX products, however it does affect them. I am aware that DX10 is not fully compatible with some features of the FTX scenery, and for me this is most apparent with the freeware Traffic. With DX10 preview enabled, many of the aircraft textures are not displayed on the aircraft, instead they appear white or grey. Firstly, am I correct in saying that the only simple solution is to use DX9? If this is the case, then I have another problem.

Whenever I try to use FSX in DX9 mode, the screen flickers repeatedly while loading, and then loads FSX in the wrong resolution. I have it set to 1920x1080 which is the natural monitor resolution, but it loads at a lower resolution and I can't change it. I believe this has something to do with Anti-Aliasing, but I'm not 100% on this. 

Am I also correct to expect that DX9 will result in an overall lower framerate? I am already pushing my computer hard as it is with FSX, and I would really like to keep frames at about the 30fps mark (which it roughly sits at in DX10).

​System specs in my sig.

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated.  ;D

Archived