Tech Question

dougal

I have an SSD drive but its not big enough for my FSX installation.  Is it possible to have any of my FTX payware installed on the SSD and have my scenery.cfg point to it?

Someone suggested it MIGHT cause FTX Central issues?

Thanks

Hi Dougal,

Why not simply extend/expand  your FSX drive, and use the ssd drive as an extension of that drive.

Let windows do it for you.

For example, if your FSX drive is E:,  and you don't have enough room for add on sceneries.

Go into Disk management, select extend/expand this partition (E:) , and then select your extra drive to do it.

Windows will then see them as one drive, E:  and you don't have to mess with junction points etc.

Lots of tutorials out there if you search for;  how to extend/expand partitions in win 7.

Ron. ::)

Hi Dougal,

Why not simply extend/expand  your FSX drive, and use the ssd drive as an extension of that drive.

Let windows do it for you.

For example, if your FSX drive is E:,  and you don't have enough room for add on sceneries.

Go into Disk management, select extend/expand this partition (E:) , and then select your extra drive to do it.

Windows will then see them as one drive, E:  and you don't have to mess with junction points etc.

Lots of tutorials out there if you search for;  how to extend/expand partitions in win 7.

Ron. ::)

Hi Ron and thanks for that.

It's not that I don't have room.  There's lots of space on my FSX drive.  It's that I wanted to try putting large scenery files onto an SSD drive for faster access.

I've just tried it with FTX EU only, and it works a treat;-)  I just made one symbolic link. Not only faster loading, but SMOOTHER flying too.  No stutters at all now while scenery loads.

Archived