Monroe W16 Control Panel not switching

master58

Hi all,

I have installed the DVD version of Monroe W16 and all went well but when I went to the Control Panel to switch my options I get an error message saying "could not switch option".

I have uninstalled and reinstalled this Airport several times including switching FTX to default and back again.......but still get this error message every time I click on a different option, which does not let me switch any of my options.

Also the Control Panel is not greyed out and everything is clickable, but with the error message?

Can someone please help me with this issue.

Regards.....................(FSS0220178)

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I have already applied this patch in this order,

1. Install PNW Patch, start FSX to run Patch then close.
  2. Install S43.
  3. Install W16.
  4. Install Patch for W16.
  5. Install latest Libraries.
  6. Start FSX.

The Airports now work ok but the Control Panel still keeps coming up with this error message...........

Hope you can offer some more suggestions?

Thanks

So the CP has no greyed out options at all, but it doesn't let you switch, correct ? I am not entirely sure but this sounds like a permission issue. Do you have admin rights on your PC ? This is important specially when FSX is installed on the default program files location. You could also check you folder permission status ( right click folder - properties - security).

Thanks for your reply Heiko,

I do run as admin always, but I have taken your suggestion to the ORBX folder and it did not have full control ticked, which I have now ticked so ORBX has full control............

But the Control Panel will still not switch and keeps coming up with the error message "could not switch option".

Do you think I should do a complete uninstall, (clean out all files of W16)?

Let me know what you think.............

Thanks

Hi all,

Good news, I did a full uninstall and reinstall of W16 and now Control Panel and Airport are working all ok...............

Important note: I have the DVD version of this Airport...............You must install W16 first and then it's Patch to bring it to 1.1 before you start FSX, otherwise things get messed up!

I originally first installed the Airport W16 and opened FSX and thats when things went wrong also it will mess up S43 if you have it.

I hope this helps someone in the future.

Archived