EU Scotland: Download Installer asks for disk #1

juergen46

Hi,

I was glad to see the announcement of EU Scotland the other day on the ORBX website and was really surprised to find it already available for purchase. But I experienced an issue during the installation. Here is what happened.

Downloaded the file from the German server first. During the installation process I have been asked to insert disk #1 which sounds a bit strange. As a proposal a path was given ending with  066A7381-2F2D-4824-9F40-BF959515A22A which might be  a GUID.

Browsing to the place where the unzipped file was stored didn't help.The only chance was to cancel the installation.

I repeated the installation another time ending up with the same result as before.

Downloaded than the file from the Australian server but I didn't get to finish the installation successfully either.

I already downloaded and installed numerous FTX files on the same PC and OPS without any problem. So I don't have any idea what to do.

I'm hopeful to get your support to sort this problem out.

Juergen

Order-#: FSS0219682

Hi juergn46

I came across this problem with one of the other regions.

Try this fix:-

Extract the full Scotland file that you downloaded on to the Desktop and open file. You will then see an application ikon, click this to run installation.

It should work

Best of luck

JFS

Hi,

Make sure you unzip the file to a temporary folder and then run the installer, the error you are getting is normally caused by running the installer from inside the zip file which then can't find the rest of the files needed.

Paul

Hi guys,

Thank you for your swift and helpful response. I followed your instructions and the installer finished its work correctly. The scenery works fine, problem is solved. I'm just commencing to explore the region which at first view looks really great.

Best regards, Juergen

Archived