CBB7 terrain

I'm also having this problem.  I've got the latest patch installed for the PNW, and all my scenery boxes are ticked and in the correct hierarchal order.

I've set the mesh to 5m, but I still get the problem.   I've also tried other mesh settings just in case, but have had no luck.

All scenery was installed whilst in the PNW region.

Apart from this; no problem with the install, and the scenery is wonderful; especially the little rodents, LOL.

Cheers

Dom

Vlad got it right. ORBX rivers, coastlines and shorelines are much more detailed than FSX. Many times in an ORBX scenery, you will see islands or rough shorelines in the lakes and rivers. You will also see many more rivers and lakes than in FSX default.

In the sim, Oceans and lakes are basically containers with a level edge all the way around. FSX will calculate curvature and keep these surfaces level as you move across them. Runways actually have to be modeled in sections so they will lay flat on the earths curved surface, but you don't perceive it because they are relatively small.

Rivers are different. They flow down the terrain mesh, as in nature but FSX runs into a conflict when a bit of shoreline or, more often, an island interrupts the water poly. In those areas FSX just creates a step. This is what you are seeing in your screen shots.

You might find it interesting and fun to actually follow the river up it's course and locate the places where this occurs. There are quite a few as the terrain continually rises. At Tipella the "flat" lake poly meets the rise of the river terrain at the estuary islands. Here is where it begins to "step" up when FSX confuses the land and water polys. Think of them as little waterfalls...without the rocks. It's one of those little FSX bugs that we run in to here and there.

The blotch in the meadow...I'm not sure. I've been trying to recreate that and haven't been able to. The blotch is the underlying land class showing through my modified land class in that location.

Ed almost has the new installer ready that fixes the glitch some people were having on install. Try re-installing and see if you still have that anomaly.

Archived