CBB7 control panel

Hi,

after understanding the system behind this control panel I could also find the fault's reason.

So there's no protection that one can tick all tick boxes even in a conflict like lite and heavy grass population both files will be pushed into the scenery folder.

ORBX_grasslite_Objectflow_CBB7.xml

ORBX_grasslite_Objectflow_CBB7.xml.OFF

In such a case an untick wont be possible anymore. I deleted the files which were double in the CBB7 scenery folder and now everything works fine again.

In my case I deleted the file ORBX_grasslite_Objectflow_CBB7.xml.OFF

Would be an improvement to prevent a double tick in the control panel!

Thanks

Spirit

Grass lite and Heavy Grass Population are two different ObjectFlow scripts, so they can indeed both be ticked in the CP at the same time. Not sure how you ended up with ORBX_grasslite_Objectflow_CBB7.xml and ORBX_grasslite_Objectflow_CBB7.xml.OFF in the scenery folder at the same time but that will definitely prevent the CP option from working correctly. I cannot reproduce that scenario on my system via the control panel, but whatever the case may be, you found the correct fix in deleting one of the duplicate scripts. Glad to hear you've got it straightened out :)

Jim

Hi Jim,

ok, just tried again and you're absolutely right. No problem with ticking both and unticking one of them again.

So I think the problem with double files occurred when I had a problem during installation of CBB7 with a missing SimConnect.dll because of a flawed FSX installation after a refresh of my Windows 8 pro. I had to try some installations of CBB7 till I could fix the missing dll problem.

By the way I miss a deinstallation routine for CBB7. I guess a clean deinstallation before a new installation could have solved the problem too.

Thanks

Spirit

Roger that, if you installed it once then fiddled with the CP options and then reinstalled it again that would explain the duplicate files. When we beta test from one beta build to another we're generally instructed to delete the entire FTX_AA_CBB7 folder for example prior to running the updated build installer which prevents that from happening. Nice troubleshooting BTW :)

Jim

Archived