Interesting observation yesterday....

martinc

Had what i would call an interesting observation yesterday. Was doing Virtualvfr's Sunday flight from Moorabbin to Ballarat. Not a huge amount of players, however, a number of them were what i would term "young kids" from the sound of the voices on the comms circuits. And, boy, did these kids know their stuff...not only how to drive a plane, but dealing with live ATC, (we had Moorabbin tower and Melbourne controlling the route), never missed a procedure call, said all the right things at the right time, didnt tick the controllers off....gotta say i was pretty impressed with their level of professionalism.

And commiserations to the guy who had an engine failure and didn't make the diversion to YMES....it was a good try.....

I was actually observing that night while I attended to my VATPAC duties. A lot of "young kids" end up flying online - particularly over the school holiday periods.

They are generally pretty knowledgeable and eager to learn how to operate like reality. I should know, I was one of them 3 or 4 years ago  :)

Archived