CBB7 position at the fuel box

Hi,

just installed the beautiful CBB7 scenery and would like to thank you for such a nice and detailed work.

One thing that I noticed is, if I start at the parking beside the fuel box it's a bit inconvenient to stand there because it's not even. ::) Have a look a t the screenshot please.

Thanks

Spirit

2013-7-3_21-48-30-887.jpg

The airstrip at Tipella uses no flattening polys. I used this approach to more accurately represent the 13.3' rise from end to end. If I place a small flattening poly at the fuel parking it results in a fairly ugly and un-natural looking step that doesn't fit the natural contours there.

One suggestion I would make if I may, slew the aircraft a bit more towards the edge of the runway where it is flatter, then save the flight. Rather than spawning in at the uneven spot, you would load the saved flight to your preferred location.

Hi,

understand and that's no problem for me. I'll follow your advice.

One question: The location for the starting position "Parking 2 -- Fuel Box" can't be changed this way?

Anyway thanks a lot

Spirit

The actual parking spot is embedded in the airport and cannot be moved/modified externally. I made the trigger about 35' across, which is small, because I didn't want it to automatically fill the tanks every time it was rolled over by departing or landing aircraft. Many aircraft will need to be "light" at take off to make it over the trees, so filling the tanks on take off roll would be a rather disconcerting occurrence. ;)

Tipella is very tight quarters, but I wanted the trigger at the runway. Small and off the edge in the un-flattened mesh was the only way to accomplish this and locate it accurately. The satellite data shows a tank at this exact location so that's where I placed it in the sim.

If your saved flight is opened at the saved location, and still on the parking/fuel trigger you will effectively be spawning into the live trigger when you load that flight.

Hi Gordon,

thanks again for a detailed explanation. I really appreciate this.

I selected now the runway for my starting position and that's fine for me. I rarely fly a fixed wing so I don't mess around with refilling any fuel. My heli tank is always plenty full. ::) I even didn't know about a trigger for refilling - what a shame. :-[

Thanks

Spirit

Archived