what is wrong with my scotland install

spinker

I am not sure what is happening, under the select airports filters yesterday only about 8 or 9 airports were shown listed under Scotland, todayt Scotland does not appear at all in that list. I have gone thru the list of airports in the google maps most airports have little scenery no animations.

Has something gone wrong with my installation? very dissaponting. I hope this is not an example of future scenery files

Not much scenery showing and no animation. Other than in Glasgow.

I have purchaed Wales but have not installed yet due too space requirements. Could this be a reason for dissapointing results in Scotland?

I have also downloaded FTXEUENGpatch003 not installed yet, will this patch help with improvement?

It seems that most airports shown in google maps only start on a particular runway not showing scenery area or animation.

Larry

Hi,

If you have England installed please install patch 003 as it fixes a bug that blocks the autogen in Edinburgh.

There is no requirement to have Wales installed.

As for the airports, in my FSX they are listed under Scotland and United Kingdom (good old fsx).

I will need some pictures/location of "little scenery no animations" so i can see if it is a bad install

Paul

Hi Larry, 

In addition to what Paul has said I can confirm that adjusting the FSX filter down to 'Scotland' shows only 15 airports listed. In fact, these 15 should all be listed under 'United Kingdom' to keep in line with the FSX convention. If you have a look under UK you should find all the other Scotland airports listed.

This doesn't mean the scenery is missing from your system, just that the names are being referenced a bit differently.

Try to go to an airport as listed under UK and see if you're still getting the same result scenery anomalies. If so, post some screenshots and we'll get to the bottom of it.

Archived