England not loading

allan prewett

Hello All,

I just purchased England DVD, FSS0216393

But it will not load.

I get the welcome page, click next.

License agreement page, agree and click next.

Yes to FSX and next.

Ready to Install click next.

And a page comes up a green bar goes across so quick that I cant see what the page is and it disappears.

Then nothing else.

Any help, thanks.

Sort of related I have tried to download a few of the freeware bits but they don't work either. I tried Bob and some airfields. I think I got the same message with the AU traffic freeware. And the FTX ORBX Libraries had the same message.

I get an error message;

7-zip

[red circle with white cross] Can not open file 'C:\Users\Allan\Desktop\Orbx_BOB_V1.1.zip' as archive

Any help

Thank you so much

Allan

PS; just installed my first airfields like KSFF and was loving the detail, whooping with joy actually. Just wish I could get past the error message and of course England, now to install Alaska.

Hi,

Here's a few bits to try

1. When you get the ready to install screen where does it say its installing to? and is that where FSX is located. if not run the registry fixer from here http://tweakfs.com/download/fsx_reg_utility.zip

2. Do you have at least 10GB free space on that drive?

3. try running as admin

as for BOB re-download him as it looks like a corrupt download.

Paul

Thanks

I have 1 sorted I think.

2 could have some bearing, but not sure about the failure message relating to this, and the fact that most of the freeware Air ports, AU traffic, and Bob come up with the message after I have downloaded. I have tried re downloading a number of times all with the same error message.

I will look at 3.

I just got a new super computer for flying, a Scorptec computer, but I seem to have loaded up to the max memory with FSX, Rise of Flight and addons. Unfortunately I don't know much about comupters and now it looks like I will have to increase the memory or something.

Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3970X Six Core Overclocked up to 4.2GHz, Intel X79 Chipset, Corsair 16GB Kit (4x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD, WD 2TB SATA-III HDD, 2x Gigabyte Geforce GTX670 (SLI), Blu-Ray Burner, Corsair Obsidian 800D Case with Corsair 1200W PSU, Corsair Hydro Series H80 CPU Cooler, 3x Noctua 120mm Case Fans, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Thanks

Allan

Ok I freed up some memory and that seemed to work with installing England, thanks.

Downloaded the patch and applied Europe on Central, and got the same error message, that I can't open as archive.

I will have to ask a friend to help with the running as Admin and see if that works.

I should have mentioned, I am not that concerned with the freeware, nice as it would be, but I would like to be able to update the Library file.

Allan

To run as administrator you "right click" on the program and click "run as administrator".

What program are you using to unzip the files?

also Orbx recommend to use a download manager to download the files as this should stop the corrupt downloads, before re-downloading again make sure to clear your cache and temporary files.

Paul

Archived