Unable to download Freeware Terrain Mesh AU Mesh & AU Traffic 4.0 - Network Error

Hi Guys,

I have been trying all day to download from the Freeware section of :

http://www.fullterrain.com/freeware.html

the Terrain Mesh & AU Traffic and I get about 2 mins into the download and on multiple occasions it then just stops and says Failed - Network Error. I have downloaded many other things today and have not had an issue and downloaded a 1080P Blu Ray in like 45 mins plus I downloaded some other stuff an no dramas but trying to download these 2 things from the freeware section, no luck at all.

Is there a problem at the moment or can anyone direct me to an alternate download for these 2 items.

Cheers,

Chris

Both items are downloadable from at least 3 different locations on the globe so I would suggest to clear cache, temp files, cookies and reboot both modem and computer and try it again using a download manager like

www.internetdownloadmanager.com

Chris,

FWIW I had difficulties downloading the AuMesh file yesterday (I usually try when someone reports a problem and never have an issue)

Jay looked into it, and all checked out ok on the server end.

Today, the file downloads much faster using Telstra ADSL2+ (around 1Mb/sec) in Victoria, AU.  If you are in Australia, I'd say there was some sort of regional issue.  Such is the internet.

Thanks Jay Kae and Ian.

I followed what you said Jay Kae to the letter. I cleared the cache, temp files and cookies, turned the PC off, did a full modem re-boot but still had the same problem and I had never had this issue before at all.The download started off but then after about a minute it said Network Error, I ran a full diagostic on my internet connection and it said no issues, I even rang Optus and they couldn`t find anything eitherand it was a bit frustrating as I was downloadfng other stuff as well without and any dramas.

After a small discussion with the Mrs which was more of a "Give me your credit card chat", I went and downloaded that Internet Download Manager like you suggested and I had used it before I must have years ago as it said my 30 trial had expired so I just purchased the full version and its downloading now. 

Many thanks for your assistance guys but would there be any reason I was getting that message, considering I had downloaded from the freeware section in the past ?

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks Jay Kae..

I have that Internet Download Manager now and I was getting about 5.34mps on my first download..Love it

As for the other business just downloading it from the Freeware section, I have never had a problem until now, very weird..

Cheers,

Chris

IDM is the only one I ever recommend to people because in all the years I have had it I have had not a single corrupt download, tried a few others to have a play but IDM's simplicity and easy navigation wins every time.

Archived