Returning to FSX after a long break - Little Bit of Help Required Please - Grass Add-On..:-)

Hello Flight Simmers,

I am returning to FSX after a long break away playing WOW and XBOX. 

I have just done a complete uninstall of everything related to flight sim x as when I was last playing it, it was laggy and all sorts of dramas. Since the uninstall and then re-install of everything as in FSX,FTX Australia SP3 and REX, it runs like never before, probably because I had that much flight sim stuff on there and also on my Hard Drive. All I need to re-ad now is REX and that is being done tomorrow and unlike before , I yesterday was getting 50fps and I bumped it up to 75fps and no lag what so ever and I guess having a top of the line customer build PC that cost nearly $4.5K helps.

My question now is. Now that I am re-adding everything bit by bit, I am looking to add some enhancements around the airports. One in particular that I am looking for is that when I last downloaded it a few years ago, there was some type of patch or something that you could add or is it enhance that grass around your airports ? and I am wondering if it was something to do with ORBX ? but I have a 1% inkling that it was something to do with and built in with REX but can't be sure.

If anyone has a link or can point me to where this might be, it would be appreciated and if anyone can point me in the direction to get any good decent enhancements to make the FSX experience a lot more enjoyable it would really be appreciated.Are there any such things as HD addons that can make the graphics better or is stuff like that only available from say PC Aviator ?

Cheers,

Chris

Hey Chris and welcome back to FSX/ORBX World. :) 

Ive got something from cald REX_GRASSII (Freeware).

Real Environment Xtreme, Inc.

www.realenvironmentxtreme.com

t_fuchs@realenvironmentxtreme.com

Best regards

Henrik

Btw. It isent all that Green, though.

Archived