lost gauges after installing Carenado 182 HD

ph_han

Hi,

I recently purchased the Carenado 182 RGII. I loved it in FS9 and wanted to have it in FSX aswell. Yesterday I read about your update to 4096 resolution. I downloaded and installed it. But when I started FSX and loaded the HD Carenado I couldn't see the gauges anymore. I use the 3d cockpit. I could see the new interior and exterior, but not the speedindicator etc. They just leave black holes in the cockpit.

Do you have any advise about how I can correct this?

By the way, I also installed Tasmania and I was blown away by it. Very beautiful. I guess I'm gonna be a new customer before december 1.

Greetings from the Netherlands,

Han Jeurissen

Hi Han, welcome to the forums.

When i design the HD cockpit updates i replace textures only. The gauges and dials etc stay as standard to try and avoid situations like yours! This does sound very strange as i have tested this cockpit update in both the 182 FS9 port to FSX, and the 182 FSX native models and it was without fault in both. As you would expect when replacing textures only.

The black holes you mention are part of my HD texture set for the panel, which should be behind the gauges. The fact that they are not showing would suggest that maybe the gauages folder has a problem in your 182 installation. I would suspect in that case that all the 182 liveries show the same lack of gauages, could you confirm this please. Also could you show some screen shots of the problem, and also a screen shot from one of the default carenado VC's.

Many thanks,

Russ.

Hi Russ,

Thank you for your reply.

As the normal Caranedo 182-planes also lacked the gauges and dials after installation, things must have been wrong before. I'm sure that after installing the original Caranedo 182 (a couple of weeks ago) things worked well. But recently I've only been flying the Carenado 152, so maybe somewhere else something went wrong.

I am at work now, but tonight I'll try to reinstall the Carenado 182, check it and then install the HD again.

I will tell you then.

Thanks,

Han Jeurissen

Hi Russ,

Well I got it fixed. I reinstalled the 182 and then reinstalled your HD-set and everything is working just fine. Guess something was screwed up before.

Unfortunately, I have to hurry. I HAVE TO FLY TASMANIA................ ;)

And tomorrow going to the shop. AUSIELAND, HERE I COME

Oh, don't do US, do EUROPE FIRST. Don't forget your roots. Haha

Thanks for your kind reply,

Han Jeurissen

Archived