Australia and NZ missing from FSX

hodge001

Hi

After all this time I have experienced my first and only issue with any ORBX scenery which is that up to seven days ago everything was fine in the Southern Hemisphere, now since that time I have installed the following scenery packages..

FSDT KJFK V2, The Airport Guys Heart of Georgia and Overlands Inchon airport

The only other things I have added to FSX are the following aircraft..

Majestic Dash8 Q400, Ants Aircraft T-28D Trojan and the IRIS PC21.

Now the problem is that although all the other regions run as advertised FSX locks up when selecting any Australian or NZ airports, now this also happens with FTX central set to default, I only noticed this after installing YBRM Broome as it was the first time I selected an airport south of the equator since last week, the only other thing of note was that I never received any warning about trusting any dll’s after running FSX for the first time after installing YBRM and I am not sure if I should have done.

Now I have since then tried reinstalling YBRM, installing the latest FTX libraries, repairing FSX and Acceleration, disabling the scenery packages that were installed since my last successful flight in Australia and even using a backup copy of the terrain.cfg file, all with any success, now I am leaving a full reinstall of FSX as a last resort and I am really hoping that you might have some suggestions for me to try before I bite the bullet and start over.

My system by the way is running Windows 7 (fully updated) with UAC disabled and everything is always installed as admin, FSX is installed on its own dedicated SSD drive (which is excluded from my anti-virus software) in the following folder D:/ Microsoft Games/ Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

As I say this is my first and only issue with what has otherwise been trouble free software, and it’s great looking as well so that was a win win situation.

Thank you in advance for any and all help or suggestions.

I knew I would forget something which is that FTX central reports no errors with validating the scenery.cfg or with validating the region files or with changing from one region to any of the others .

Hi Ken

You Sir are a friend for life as I now have FSX and more importantly ORBX up and running as it was previously using a restore point from two weeks ago.

As for the problem I have no idea as I have reinstalled all the FSX software that I had purchased and installed within the last two weeks without the issue reoccurring, the only thing that I have no idea where it came from was a toolbar add-on named Delta which was in the listing of the programs that will no longer function panel of the System Restore tab, as I say I have no idea where it came from or of ever having seen it in internet explorer, I hate it when things like that happen.

But as I say thanks to your intervention all is well in the Southern Hemisphere again, so thank you very much for taking the time out to provide me with the fix, you saved me a lot of grief.

Take care, and thanks again.

This topic can with thanks to Ken be closed off as resolved.

Archived