FSX Crashes when using FTX England at Blackpool Airport (EGNH)

dlr1984

Hi,

I'm having some problems using FTX England at Blackpool Airport (EGNH). Whenever I load a flight there or approach the airport when flying around I get a crash to desktop, reporting an error with NTDLL.DLL.

Interestingly if I fly at night I don't get the crash. Also if I disable ORBX I don't get the crash, so it seems it could be something with the scenery. It's almost as if this happens when it tries to load a scenery object at the airport. For example I disabled the FTX scenery in the FSX library to take off from EGNH without a crash, then re-enabled it after departure. As I looked out of the window back at the airport I got the crash again.

FSX is fully patched, as is my ORBX scenery. Generally my FSX is very stable, nor do I seem to have a problem at any of the other airports in England I've tested so far.

Please help! Blackpool is my home airport so it's a bit disappointing (and the rest of FTX England looks amazing).

Thanks,

Dominic

• 2 weeks later...

The problem seems to have resolved itself after I made some changes to my FSX.cfg (I applied Bojotes tweaks and inadvertently fixed my problem in the process). I still think it's strange I was only ever getting the crashes at EGNH though....

Archived