compton-abbas

mapletree

Hi there,

It sounds like you've got an alternate version of EGHA installed which is causing an elevation mismatch (the canyons!). I'm not sure what you mean by "Tony's version" but if that's a different version of EGHA then you'll need to uninstall that to remove the trenches.

Also it'd be helpful if you post a screenshot as it may help us pinpoint the source of the problem faster. Check this link for instructions on how to post a screenshot: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/#entry335815

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks Peter,

OK, looking at that shot looks like you've installed FTX Compton Abbas on top of one of the photoreal VFR packages rather than FTX England. Compton Abbas was developed to be installed using the detailed mesh (elevation) data that is included as part of FTX England.

You've got some of the components of the EGHA version of EGHA but none of the buildings. Apart from installing FTX England the best I can suggest is that you run a search of your FSX folder for any files with 'EGHA' in the name. Anything that is not in the ORBX subfolder refers to an alternate version and will need to be removed (at least temporarily).

I can't guarantee the results will be 100% accurate due to the fact that, as I stated, FTX EGHA is dependent on the FTX England package.

Cheers,

Greg

OK Gotcha,

Try cycling FTX Central back to default, hit apply then set to Europe and apply again. Start FSX and confirm that the FTX entries appear first in the scenery library.

In addition you'll need to remove any reference to the other version of EGHA which is present - you can do this by searching for EGHA in your FSX and removing those files which are NOT in a subfolder of the ORBX folder.

See how you get on with that.

Cheers,

Greg

Archived