Unable to Install ORBX England

10TWhiteS

Hello!

I am having a problem installing ORBX England off a CD. When I put the CD in the disk drive the AutoPlay comes up after a slightly longer period than other software, then when I click on the Run_Setup_EUENG.exe button once the AutoPlay window stops responding, and my computers RAM usage rises sharply. I waited 20 minutes and nothing happened, so I closed the window, and the Windows Explorer is not Responding Windows is searching for a problem came up so I pressed cancel and the AutoPlay box was still there so I tried again and clicked close the program at the new box and that got rid of my windows short cuts, and task bar while the AutoPlay remained up by under a white layer. At this point I ejected the CD, and the RAM usage went back to normal, but windows explorer did not start back up so I was left without shortcuts, and the task bar. I then tried logging off my computer and y computer stayed logging off for 10 minuets, so I crashed it. When it booted back up it was back to normal. I tried disabling AutoPlay, and running the .exe through Windows Explorer, but the same thing happened just Windows Explorer stopped responding. I have tried to install another 2 times through AutoPlay as well with the same results.

This is not my first installation of ORBX England, and the first installation worked correctly, but I am trying to install it now, as I re-installed FSX Yesterday, so wanted to re-install ORBX England to my new FSX Installation. When I had uninstalled FSX I ran CCleaner to delete the old registry files, and deleted my old FSX folder, after setting FTX Central to default. When I was uninstalling my addons before uninstalling FSX I did not see an uninstaller for ORBX England, which is why I deleted my FSX Folder after uninstalling FSX, to get rid of any partial FTX scenery as I couldn't find an uninstaller.

My system is Windows 7 64bit, with 4GB RAM, 1TB 7,200 Hard Drive, with an AMD Phenom II Processor at 3.4Ghz not Overclocked.

Here are some screenshots of firstly the RAM usage. (The sharp rise in RAM usage corresponds to the time I clicked the Run Setup_EUENG.exe button.) And then also the AutoPlay window.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes indeed. It might be crazy but make sure to have a DVD's surface perfectly clean. That trouble often occurs whenever the DVD reader is unable to read data on the legacy and particularly with very big files. The other reason maybe your reader's lens is dying...

Archived