Duplicate Files between FTX England & Wales

moggy72

Gents

Just purchased Wales (courtesy of the FSS sale - nice work!!) and I notice I now have duplicated files re some of the airports that "crossed over" in both Eng & Wales.

For example - re Welshpool airport (EGCW) alone - I now have the following files active in FSX:

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCW.bgl (in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY)

ADE_FTX_WLS_EGCW.bgl (in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_05_SCENERY)

ADE_FTX_ENG_EGCW_CVX (in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY)

ADE_FTX_WLS_EGCW_CVX (in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_05_SCENERY)

FTX_ENG_EGCW_objects (in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY)

FTX_WLS_EGCW_objects (in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_WLS_05_SCENERY)

Surely I should have only one of each as having duplicate Afcads's/ADE's is a known no-no??

Can you advise the best course of action - I presume deleting one set will do the job.....but which one - Eng or Wls?

What other airports/ADE's are/were present in both packages and may have the same issue?

Regards

Steve

Paul

Thanks again for the swift response.

That answer seems fine as all of the duplicates are the same size except for the FTX_ENG_EGCW_objects and FTX_WLS_EGCW_object bgl's.

The English file is 9kb and the Welsh file is 11kb so they are obviously different in some way and not identical - will that have any impact?

Regards

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Paul

Was there ever anything further on this i.e. why the file sizes are different??

From what I can tell, the WLS object files are always larger than the corresponding duplicated ENG object files.

Clarification would be good here as there are 5 (as far as I can see) of these duplicate airports (Filton/Hawarden/Shobden/Tilstock/Welshpool) that probably shouldn't be duplicated and I don't want to delete one set of files that may cause some obscure problem further down the line with a patch/update.

Regards

Steve

Archived