FTX EU Wales problem in the hills

physicist1973

i7 2600K @3.4GHz (No overclock) 8GB of corsair ram 64bit WIN7 nvidia gtx 670, settings as the pdf ORBX wales recommends, got REX on as well, plus frame rate limiter(no change whetehr i use it or not) england not affected but hills in wales are? thanks for responding

You have a quite a nice system, so should really eat FSX for breakfast.

Your frame rate limiter.. is that an external one you're using?... if so, sometimes these are more trouble than they're worth. I actually find the built in limiter with FSX to be the best one, set to 30fps is more than adequate giving you smooth performance and freeing your cpu to perform other tasks.

Though you mentioned you set up fsx as per ORBX pdf recommends, I would check things like, bloom, lense flare are not enabled. Also, building shadows can be a killer on the fps and always best left off.

Try to perform a thorough defrag of your HDD, this can have a huge impact on performance. I recommend a third party defrag like Ultimate Defrag.

Hope these suggestions help. Please let me know how you get on

Many thanks

John :)

Hi John I'm part of va org and have some guys who make me religiously defrag once a week. It's the same whether I use the limiter or not. The scenery in England is unaffected which puzzles me. Will pop up to the lakes and see if it has something to do with hills :)

One more thing I use fraps to show in game rates and its a rock steady 30fps, everthing is very smooth just blurry :(

Thanks for the advice so far and the speed of reply.

Hmm?... ok, thanks for reporting back and sorry to hear you're still having problems.

Other things you could try;

Make sure you have the latest service patches and latest libs (install last)

Cycle FTX Central to 'Default' then back to 'Europe'

Or/And a reinstall of Wales.

Maybe one of the other devs can chime in on this one too.

Thanks

John :)

Im having exactly the same issues. Textures just can't keep up and my CPU cores are maxed.

No problem whilst flying in FTX England. Wales is so much more taxing on my system for some reason.

I defraged, reinstalled, deleted my fsx.cfg file. Lowered my frame rate to 15 FPS, changed my LOD setting, even set all the sliders to the left.

Still Wales textures cant keep up. Problem even persists whilst flying low and slow in the default cessna, although its obviously even more pronounced when flying a fast jet.

Loving England and looking forward to Scotland. Hope I don't have the same issues with Wales.

Ok think i have solved the problem, went for a complete install of wales following the complete uninstall of wales.Not sure if when i originally installed whether I had selected back to ftx default as the instructions suggested. cpu use is still massive but my computer seems to coping just, still some minor delays on scenery update?, could some devs have a look at the pics posted below and let me know if they appear correct, I have included a picture just east of derwent water in the lakes which appears ok, and the cpu temp runs at around 60 degrees, with the second image i have the improved textures after install, cpu runs at 80 degrees and around 30% extra load (normally takes BF3 maxed out on all settings to get close to that)

Posted Image view of the lakes

Posted Image after install images of welsh hills? are these what i should be seeing?

Posted Image are these white patches supposed to be there?

Archived