FTX ENG Install Problem

kingboby

Hiya,

I received a copy of FTX ENG from John Venema as a prize several weeks ago and I finally got round to installing it this weekend, well, I tried.

I downloaded the files and unzipped them into a temp folder, all SOP's and ran the .exe to start the installation. The installer ran through the process of unwrapping and preparing my system before going on to load all the files. It finished and loaded up FTX Central where I got the message

Terrain.cfg has no [landclasses] section.

When I try to load FSX, I get a message saying that there are no airports, VORs or NDBs in the dataset.

All through this process, I am not asked at any point to enter the product activation key, order number or date.

The only help FSX gives is that I re install FSX, this is really not something I want to do...

I would appreciate any help on this.

Matt

Hi,

Not sure why the [LandClasses] section disappeared from your terrain.cfg file but I'd recommend starting with a fresh/original version of it. There's a backup of the original terrain.cfg file in {FSX}\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work.

1. Make a backup of the current version in your main FSX folder.

2. Copy the original from "{FSX}\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work".

3. Start FTX Central and cycle once between Default FSX and Europe, clicking on "Apply" each time, then close FTX Central.

If you have any other add-on installed that adds custom entries to the terrain.cfg file, like Ultimate Terrain, etc., you'll need to also start their respective configuration tools once or run a repair of the respective add-on from the Windows Start menu.

Let us know whether this works for you.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Sorry about the long time to reply, I have been away from my computer and not had the chance to see this.

Doing this with the terrain.cfg seems to have solved the land classes error but i still get this message:

Flight Simulator requires at least one of each of the following to run: an airport, a VOR, an NDB and a waypoint. There are currently no airports in the dataset. Flight Simulator will now exit.

At the end of this is a button which gives me the option to 'Abort', which just closes FSX.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a go and it seems the backup is corrupt too. I will re install FSX...... cry haha. When i installed it originally, I wasn't asked for any purchasing info, that seems strange, will it have an impact on the install next time?

Thank you for your quick response.

Matt

Archived