Lancair Partial Cockpit

ChrisJones380

Evening guys, wondering if you could help with a little problem...

Just purchased the Lancair this evening, all installed ok, but I only seem to have a partial cockpit, I'm missing the radios (GPS etc) and the Directional indicator.

Other than that, I'm not having any other issues. I've browsed the forums looking for a similar issue, but not come across one.

Hi Chris,

There is a patch for this aircraft; http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/41725-lancair-iv-p-version-13-patch-released/

I think this is the latest one.

I would check first in the Lancair control panel, make sure you have Orbx radios selected, or, if you have decided to use third party radios, then follow the manual instructions for that. The things you are missing are interchangeable, but a modification to the panel .cfg file is required for some, but the default Orbx ones should show.

Second, there is a general power > On switch, on the far left, but also an Avionics master power on switch to the right of your mixture control. if this switch is in the off position, the radios, gps and RMI will all be off.

Ron.

Thanks Ron, I only purchased the Lancair last night, and the installer was v1.3 already.

As for the radio's, its not that their not turning on, its because their not visible (I.E there should be a radio there, but nothing is showing!) will try and get a screenshot sometime today and post up for you to look at.

Did you check in the Lancair control panel, to set the radios, or can you set the control panel itself to default.

I'm not at my FSX computer at the moment, but you were able to have a blank section for the radios to allow something like Reality XP radio stack ( or others ) in place of the default Orbx ones.

So I'm thinking that if you have RXP radios selected and haven't installed any third party ones, then the panel would just be blank.

Posted Image

As you can see from the Control Panel screenshot above, Orbx Provides Reality XP support that is fully

customizable as well as allowing you to use any other third party radio gauges that you may have in your

virtual workshop.

Most of these third party instruments provide instructions on how to place their products in a panel.

However, be aware that if you intend to use these instruments you need to first have the Control panel set

to “Orbx radio’s†then make changes to the following file instead of the Normal Panel file.

Ron.

Yes I have the Lancair control panel, and no matter which one I select (Orbx Radio by default), I get a blank window where the radio stack is supposed to be, as well as a missing directional indicator.

Wont be able to post a picture until 20:00 Zulu, once I've put my son to bed!

At the moment, I'm thinking a clean install will do the trick.

very strange,

I see your Artificial Horizon also is not powered up, ie. gyro's are not on, no power there either.

If I was in a real aircraft, I would be checking the avionics bus circuit breakers.......?? not sure if they function in the sim.

Does turning the avionics switch off and on, have any effect at all?

I cannot help much more as I'm away from home, unless some one else has ideas, maybe a reinstall could be the solution.

Regards,

Ron.

Hi Chris,

any chance of posting your panel.cfg to check. you can find it here;

FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\Orbx_Lancair_IVP\panel.

look for the panel.cfg file and open in notebook.

Here is an example when using reality XP gps gauge ( RXP ). something to look and see how it compares. look for things like 'visible =1 etc.

[Vcockpit02]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=1

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$RXPSET

gauge00=ORBXGauge!ORBX_RXP_On, 0,0,1,1

//gauge01=ORBXGauge!FILLR, 1,712,500,156

gauge02=rxpGNS!GMA340, 1,1,500,100

gauge03=rxpGNS!GNS530, 1,104,500,360

gauge04=ORBXRad!ORBX_KR_87_V1, 1,467,500,132

gauge05=ORBXRad!ORBX_KT76C_V1, 1,602,500,132

//gauge06=rxpFLN!ST55X, 3,738,496,128

gauge06=ORBXRad!ORBX_STEC_V1, 3,738,496,128

//gauge07=rxpGNS!plate, 1,837,500,31

Just a thought,

Ron.

Will do once home, I'm not sure if it could be an issue with fsx, noticed last night that I'm unable to use some of my Carenado Cirrus SR22 MFD controls!

And as for the AI, engine isn't running, so the vaccum pump wont be active, once engine is fired up, it returns to normal!

Hi Chris,

I won't be home for a few weeks, just a couple of things I've learnt when downloading and installing add on aircraft, allthough, never had your specific problem, but have had missing aircraft textures etc. This was fixed as follows.

1. When downloading, and installing, allways turn off, or disable your anti virus. It can sometimes block certain files. :blink:

2. Make sure that the UAC. is turned off. :ph34r:

3. Even when UAC is off, allways right click the setup exe., and select, 'run as administrator' ???

Win 7 is very particular about permissions and is a pain sometimes, I've never had any problems with Orbx stuff, but have followed these rules.

Ron.

Still not sure what the problem was, but as a result of removing some FSX software, it took upon itself to remove the entire contents of the FSX folder, so after re-installing FSX last night, I installed the Lancair and all seems to be working normally now!

As for my FTX Wales in the other forum topic, I'll find out shortly!

Archived