Yet another performance question - Isle of Wight/Bournemouth

zildac

Hi Guys,

Just back to FSX and Orbx after a 3 year break. I recently purchased the UK scenery and really like it, but I am having a performance problem which I am at a loss to understand. If I fly an IFR flight from EGKA (Shoreham) to EGHH (Bournemouth ) I get good a good framerate (25fps locked) on departure from Shoreham and all is good right up until I get to around the Isle of Wight and then the performance drops down to about 18FPS and by the time I am on finals at Bournemouth it's about 12fps. Now I appreciate that some slowdown is inevitable because of the airport scenery and lower flight level etc etc, but what I don't understand is why if I use Supertraffic board to view an AI aircraft flying into Bournemouth the frame rate stays at a steady 25fps all the way to touchdown (I am not using AI models, I am using GA traffic and the standard models). This to me makes no sense as surely if the issue was rendering related it should happen to the AI aircraft also? Is there anything "special" about that particular area of the South Coast? Sliders are set as per documentation and in fact if I up the autogen levels it makes no difference to my departure FPS or transit or indeed the final.....confused :-(

Regards,

Ross.

Archived