Where are the beaches along the southern England coastline ?

dozzy177

Hello and congratulations for a very nice improvement on the standard textures for England.

On a recent flight along the south coast of England, going east to west between Brighton and Southampton, I was surprised to note that the coastline was "green" where it should be all sandy beaches, This is a route I love to fly at low altitude, over the sea, of course, whenever I am in England, but it was difficult to feel "at home" without the beaches. Also, places like Worthing when not showing (safe a small pier.)

Now, this could be due to my settings, of course. I have positioned UT Europe files below all FTX files in the Scenery Library Configuration of FTX Central, excluded UT Europe lighting etc. but the roads still seem to end abruptly just before this "green" coastal area.

I would appreciate any comments on this.I have uploaded 2 screen photos :

[post=Posted Image]pics of southern English coast

Posted Image

Thanks

Order Number: FSS0192567

Thanks Paul. I had NZSI already installed.

I have followed what was advised and copied the Terrain_EU file

There is no difference with the beach textures, though.

However, I noted that when I passed Shoreham (EGKA) sand textures appeard fine, which presupposes that for the EGKA scenery there is no problem... (see photo where the two textures can be seen: white sand and greeny bits)

I could see a solution there for the rest of England !

Posted Image

the sand you see at Shoreham is photoreal due to you having Shoreham airport installed.

we use 2 types of beach textures in England, 1, shingle which is the greeny bit your seeing(although i see it as more grey coloured than green) and 2, sandy which is a yellow sand colour.

I will make a note to see what we can do about beach's for a future service pack

Paul

Archived