EGKA windsocks

alehead

Hi...

I originally posted this in another thread, the release thread for EGKA I believe... perhaps it would be a good idea to remove my post from there, as I can no longer edit it...

Here my original text:

At last a scenery package that plugs the void that was left after I moved to FSX... I used to love flying in an around the OSS version of EGKA that was done for FS9, the one with the then groundbreaking moving yellow lights simulating evening traffic on the bypass... loved it...

Some of the settings had me a little worried at first, but I stuck with my autogen dense and all was fine in overcast and rain in the Realair Lancair...

I did notice something, which may be an issue:

The windsock, if animated, is indicating the wind direction incorrectly, 180° incorrect...

I took this to illustrate:

Posted Image

Sorry about the compression, but I now use a 1920X1080 monitor, and resizing to 1024 takes its toll...

You can see that my MAG is 306°, winds are reported as 170° 13Kts... the windsock appears to be indicating a wind direction from more like 340°-350°... Wind direction is interpreted as "coming out of 170°", not "in the direction of", so the windsock is effectively indicating a reversed wind direction...

Maybe a parameter in the animation? No idea...

Either way, love the scenery. It will no doubt become my new UK GA home, as it was back in 2005-2008... thanks!

I read about similar iisues at some locations in NZ, so I thought I might mention this here...

Andrew

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is a really old thread, so sorry for dragging it out...

I was wondering if this was ever addressed. Not a deal breaker, just a little quirky to see the windsocks blowing the wrong way...

Andrew

Archived