EGKA - Frame rate drop...

FSXR

Hi,

First of all, compliments to the Shoreham release Dev teams. Looks Beautiful !

However, in DX9, after installing and flying around EGKA, I noticed the frames drop to approx. 20-22fps.

Before I installed EGKA, I was getting solid 29-30fps at EGHR, EGKA, EGLC except for EGLL at approx. 20-22fps.

So I reverted back to my image backup before EGKA install and I was back to approx. 29-30fps except for EGLL at approx. 20-22fps

I have followed the OrbX installation instructions to the letter.... why this drop in FPS?

Any suggestions?

With kind regards,

Hi,

I'm assuming that you mean your frames are dropping in the Shoreham area?

EGKA includes a fairly large photoreal area as well as a large number of custom models and a detailed ground poly. This extra load is no doubt what's causing you to see a fluctuation in your framerates. I'd try as a first option disabling some of the options in the EGKA control panel. Disable the extra grasses first and go from there.

Cheers,

Greg

I don't understand this...

I am in DX9 as well... I have an i7-2700K at 4.8GHz... no drop in rate in something like the RA Lancair... all I have switched off via the control panel is static cars level 2 and grasses level 2...

Even in low cloud and rather poor weather (thanks to OpusFSX), I see 29-30FPS... the only thing that can pull FPS rate down is using the OrbX 3D night lighting...

A

Hi Greg,

Yes, my frames were dropping in the Shoreham area.. with all options selected in the EGKA control panel. I tried your suggestion, disabling the grasses 2 & 3.... now I am getting 27-28fps.

On a separate note, I have also noticed that, after taking off from EGLC heading from any direction towards EGLL, half way between EGLC and EGLL, the frame rate starts to drop to approx.. 20-22fps.

With the PC spec of mine, I would have thought EGKA would maintain the FPS at 29-30 with all options enabled in the EGKA control panel like EGHR.

with kind regards,

Archived