Could "clouds whipping by" be an effect?

sightseer

The one thing that a recent sim that briefly appeared on the market had that I really enjoyed was the effect of moving through the clouds. They would just whip past the cockpit. It felt like you were really passing through clouds.

Ive seen the great job Ant did with virtual cockpit raindrops and it occurred to me that maybe the 'clouds whipping by' thing could be added as an effect of some kind? It would just be a visual that occurred when you reached a cloud layer level and it may have a randomness that was based on cloud density. A few clouds, a low chance...overcast,100% chance of the effect.

Does anyone who knows more about it than I think that might work?

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Just had a look at the videos on the OpusFSX site and nowhere can I see the effect I believe Dave is referring to,

In the real world passing through cloud and looking to the side, at the wing tip for example you see the cloud/vapor

"whipping by" between oneself and the wing tip. I suspect this could be very difficult to simulate.

Just had a look at the videos on the OpusFSX site and nowhere can I see the effect I believe Dave is referring to,

In the real world passing through cloud and looking to the side, at the wing tip for example you see the cloud/vapor

"whipping by" between oneself and the wing tip. I suspect this could be very difficult to simulate.

thanks. yes. This is the effect I was talking about. Microsoft Flight actually did a pretty nice imitation of this effect and I was just wondering if it could be applied in FSX/P3D.

Archived