Problem Installing England (My first Orbx product)

sketchy

Hello there,

Unfortunately my first post here is a request for help!

I purchased England today from the Flightsim store and this evening I set off to install this awesome scenery.

I followed all the prompts in the documenation, however once the files were copied to my desktop and FTX Central started up it keeps giving me this message about an "unhandled exception" any ideas? This is my first Orbx product.

Posted Image

I cannot get past this.

I hope someone can help, I was looking forward to this all day!

Best,

Sketchy

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply mate, I cut and pasted the details section, this is what it said in italics

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at FTXCentral.PublicDefs.SaveActiveConfig()

at FTXCentral.FTXC.ExitToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

FTXCentral

Assembly Version: 1.0.2.9

Win32 Version: 1.0.2.9

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Fraser%20Main%20PC/Desktop/Flight%20Sim%20Files/ADD%20Ons/Aircraft/EXTRACT/ORBX/Scripts/FTXCentral/FTXCentral.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5460 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5462 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

nisb72gp

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

beqqpwxw

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

One thing to try quickly would be run the latest libraries found on the support page

I am not too sure what that is but will have a read.

Also, one other thought, would this be a result of an incomplete download? The OrbxFTXEUEngland file in the folder after extracting is: 1,955,644 KB and the OrbxFTXEUENG100.2 is 1,317,479KB.

Thanks again for the reply.

Cheers,

Fraser.

Hello Sketchy,

Could you expand the "Details" button and post the contents?

One thing to try quickly would be run the latest libraries found on the support page

Regards,

Alex

Ok I took a long look at all of those last night and found lots of updates to various other regions you offer and airports but nothing for England, am I missing something obvious?

Ok I took a long look at all of those last night and found lots of updates to various other regions you offer and airports but nothing for England, am I missing something obvious?

My mistake on the libraries, a new version was released for ENG but pulled to fix a bug. However in the future libraries are found at the bottom of this page:

http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html

Have you tried reinstalling ENG? That will also reinstall the latest libraries and a new instance of FTX Central.

Have you tried reinstalling ENG? That will also reinstall the latest libraries and a new instance of FTX Central.

I guess I will have to try that..

As a quick check do these numbers look right in the size of the download?

Posted Image

Hi

those file sizes look ok.

Can you make sure you have .net framework v3.5 and v4 installed as they are both now required for FTX Central to work correctly.

Paul

The installer said it needed 3.5, so now V4 is needed too, is that in addition to V3.5 or an upgrade?

Ok, I shall do that and try and fresh "install".

Please let me know what is required regarding the .Net Framework and I shall follow that.

I am eager to get in to fly this terrain, but you have to admit this is a bit of a fuss for a Scenery add on.

Ok I apologise that I am causing issues... but I am sure you can appreciate that I am keen to make the most of a new package I have just purchased.

So I am now trying a re-install, and on the "ready to install" window (after choosing FSX or P3D) it does not point towards my FSX folder, it points towards a folder on my desktop that I sometimes uses to extract files too, but does not give me a chance to point it towards my FSX install.

This is where it installed last time (I thought this was part of your special unwrapping process....) Last time I copied the files across to the FSX folder manually and still had the "unhandled exception error" on trying to launch FTX Central. What do you suggest this time?

No apology needed.

Now that you say its not pointing to the correct location its should be an easy fix as it means the registry entry is missing for fsx which our installer looks for, to fix simply download and run this fix http://fullterrain.com/hotfixes_patches/FSX_Registry_Fix.zip (also found on the bottom of the main support page) then when you run the installer it should find the correct location and install everything.

Paul

Hi Paul,

No luck I am afraid. See the attached picture.

I have now tried three times to install this running the Registry tool before hand, and it always wants to default back to that folder on the desktop. I am a little bemused as to why there is not the option in the installer for the user to point it towards the FSX directory.

I am running out of ideas, also will this solve my initial problem of the "unhandled exception" error that started my post?

Posted Image

Once FTX Central is located in the correct place with the correct files it should work perfect.

Paul

..... and it does work perfect!

Thanks for all your prompt replies on this one Paul, very much appreciated, I fully appreciate that it was my system that was causing the issues so thanks again for sticking with it.

I need to check my Earth Sim stuff works ok now but I see that is well covered in these forums so more reading to do there.

Off to fly over Cornwall now, some where I miss now living in Los Angeles.

Cheers again.

Fraser.

Archived