Any painters out there.

:D Well thought i might share. just finished my new system the final step being the addition of watercooling and overclocking the crap out of it. I am currently running my quad core amd cpu at 4.15 ghz and 48 degrees fully active. I havent seen it go over 50 on any core. And that is with 2 3870x2 video cards (4 cores/4 waterblocks) pumping out heat. Not bad hugh. admitedly to accheve these temps i had to fit 3 120mm radiators in the case and 2 pumps to keep up the pressure up. Salavee.;D

Anyway about six months ago i started work on an aircraft. Lancair ivp.

http://www.fsfiles.org/imagehost/uploads/1223308735.jpg

http://www.lancair.com/Main/iv_ivp.html

A 310 knot fully pressurised beast, powered by a 350 hp @25000ft continental tsio550. as you can see the model is externaly just about done with all external animation just about finished including strut suspension speed breaks wing flex ect.... so obviously its just about ready for some textures. So.. i thought i might open it up to some texture artists. So if anyone is interested, i know there are quite a few of you who fancy repainting, how about joining in on an aircraft built from scratch? I have access to sorce imagery as i maintain VH-LLW out of bankstown. The completed aircraft will be released as freeware so no one gets any money but i hope it is a pleasure to be involved in the creation of a tribute to such a specacular aircraft. The intended quality will be as high as many payware addons so this project won't be just muck around. I am about to start the interior which will eventualy be duplicated in higher detail for the VC however i have also been working on the .cfg file which i have been testing in the fsx mooney with good results. I have done circuts in the real aircraft and it is fairly close. i hav also been talking with a friend about programing a ground efect addition into the flight model. a provision even fsx has not added and to my knowledge nor have many payware addons. Interested partys can e-mail me @ Jazza500@optusnet.com.au or simply post.

:) I am a few weeks out from that. Assuming i get the time but i am happy to sent it around to whoever is interested. I have to duplicate and attach the halves rename all the duplicated animation, assignment and attach keys then i will compile the uv map. I will put together a package including sorce imagery and perhaps even some intended color schemes but whatever you want is fine. when the time comes if you need any further info or refrence i can get it. The higher quality the model the better. I can tweek things toward the end to get more performance out of it, and i think there are enough willing testers out there with enough range in computers that i will be able to find a sweet spot. My plan for the Vc is for it to be photo real so in a month when the aircraft is in for maintainence i will be taking lots and lots of interior detail shots. And if they are willing  ;) the best exterior skin i recieve will be the interior painter. ;D I do hope to be able to release the Aircraft with sevral paint scheems so the more the merryer.

Archived