Objectflow module causes crash on alt enter with CEJ4 + Windows 8

markm75

I've been doing some testing of Windows 8 (x64 Pro RTM) with FSX..

I installed the freeware version of CEN4 as a test and I can confirm that in ONLY Windows 8, if you do an alt + enter to switch to windowed mode, click around, it will then crash on d3d9.dll.

This is on a bare bones setup, even without an ati driver (or with). It is using FSX with acceleration and the PNW demo as test run.

Just wondering if anyone in support is aware of this Windows 8 issue? If you comment out the line for the objectflow dll entry in the dll.xml then the issue goes away.

I retested on a test Windows 7 partition and could not replicate the problem. I was able to replicate the issue many times on various Windows 8 tests.

Hi markm75,

I'm testing with Win 8 since 1st March, now I have Enterprise Build 9200 installed on two PCs and had NEVER any crash, it is the best Windows I ever used. I need the alt+enter very often for making snapshots and go then back to fly. Your problem is an other thing. Sorry.

Cheers. Friedi.

Hi markm75,

I'm testing with Win 8 since 1st March, now I have Enterprise Build 9200 installed on two PCs and had NEVER any crash, it is the best Windows I ever used. I need the alt+enter very often for making snapshots and go then back to fly. Your problem is an other thing. Sorry.

Cheers. Friedi.

Perhaps its an ATI + Win 8 + Objectflow library issue then? Because I've tried this on 3 different OS images with Windows 8 and windows 7.. they all can be replicated with minimal installs on Windows 8, but not on Windows 7 with my setup. (p8p67 deluxe 4.7ghz 16gb ram etc.. ati 5850 1gb card).

I've been doing some testing of Windows 8 (x64 Pro RTM) with FSX..

I installed the freeware version of CEN4 as a test and I can confirm that in ONLY Windows 8, if you do an alt + enter to switch to windowed mode, click around, it will then crash on d3d9.dll.

This is on a bare bones setup, even without an ati driver (or with). It is using FSX with acceleration and the PNW demo as test run.

Just wondering if anyone in support is aware of this Windows 8 issue? If you comment out the line for the objectflow dll entry in the dll.xml then the issue goes away.

I retested on a test Windows 7 partition and could not replicate the problem. I was able to replicate the issue many times on various Windows 8 tests.

It may not be related, but: CEN4 is designed for NRM (payware) and doesn't have ANY object flow built in (nor does the PNW demo). So it is difficult to relate your problem to the CEN4 and PNW demo...

Edit: I can see you've got in the topic "CEJ4" which does have the object flow. However, unlike the CEN4 which can be run with the default FSX - albeit looking horrible, CEJ4 cannot due to specific FTX adjustments necessary. Thus I would say to test CEJ4 properly you would have to purchase NRM and do the testing again.

Archived