AUTraffic and Ultimate Traffic together

paulj

Hi folks,

This is my first post here so sorry if I'm in the wrong section.

I've searched the forum for an answer to my problem and haven't been able to find one.

I'm trying to use AUTraffic for all Aussie movements and Ultimate Traffic for the rest of the world.

Can it be done? Has anyone been able to get this happening?

I thought that if I just unselected Australia from the list of countries in UT then compiled the UT flightplans

that this would work.

This doesn't appear to have worked for me.

I can now see some Flight 1 AI models at Sydney but not very many, also looks like there is no AUTraffic AI anywhere

I've looked.

I'm using UT 2007 for FSX and I can see plenty of AI at London,Los angeles etc so that part is working ok.

Just interested in seeing if anyone has it working ok.

thanks

Paul

OK,

After reading quite a bit of stuff in this forum re problems with AI which gave me some clues where to look for solutions

I have worked it out myself.

The solution is not very elegant but it works.

Ultimate Traffic creates a file in Microsoft games/scenery/world/scenery called traffic.bgl

This file prevents FTX_AI from working so if you simply remove this file to another location OUTSIDE of FSX then

FTX_AI will work normally.

If you decide to fly outside of Australia simply return the traffic.bgl to it's original location.

You can even decide to leave the traffic.bgl outside of FSX and use the FTX AI Control Panel to return to the FSX default

AI if you want.

Hope this helps anyone else who wants to try it out.

Also, if anyone knows of an even simpler solution Please feel free to jump in and tell us.

Thanks

Paul

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am happy i found this post, i to have ultimate Traffic 2007 and i wanted to ask the same questions,

but you have answered them thanks.

An easier way to turn off Ultimate Traffic, just rename Traffic.bgl  to  Traffic._bgl  and vise versa.

Thanks again

Peter

Archived