I have only just installed FSX after upgrade from FS9. The installation of FSX, Gold edition with acceleration pack took a while but was successful. I was hunting around for Australian scenery and thought I would trial FTX before I bought it. Anyway downloaded FTXAUBLUEDEMOSP3 and installed. FSX disappeared from my desktop, start menu and from add and remove programs. After playing around for a while trying to fix it I have uninstalled everything and then reinstalled FSX and still have the same problem. The program is in the program files directory so I can run FSX from there if I need to. I tried the regsitry fix and have reinstalled FTXAUBLUEDEMOSP3 but I the scenery is not working in FSX. Can anyone help? This is very frustrating. I just want to enjoy my flight.

FTX will not remove FSX startup shortcuts from your desktop, or start menu. So something else is going on there. Sometimes this is due to logging in using a different account thn the one the game was saved with. Also, if Windows does not terminate normally Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts will be missing.

Unfortunately, the things you are describing I can not possibly link to the installer.

This sounds like it needs to be sorted out before installing FTX.

Make sure you are logged in as the Administrator, and it is best to set User Account Control to the lowest setting. (Vista and Win7)

Once you have FTX installed, it is simply a matter of running the FTXCentral Desktop Shortcut. Set to Australia, and press Apply. Then start FSX someo\where in Tasmania, in Summer.

Ok thank Ian, Lets accept all that. So then how do I get FTX working? I have installed FTX Central, The Australia icon has been selected and I have hit the apply with use ftx trees ticked. However, I am not seeing the scenery and not sure if I am supposed to see addon scenery in Flight Sim X but there is none showing. I tried a flight out of Launceston and the scenery looks like the basic FSX scenery.

Ian, I have tried summer as you suggest and spring as the doco suggests, I have turned my user account control down to the lowest and still nothing. It is very strange . I can see the FSX files in the settings but they aren't doing anything. FTX Cental is set to Australia. I even put some other addon scenery into my addon folder and they are not showing up in the addon scenery. It is like there is an issue with FSX reading any additional scenery.

Any Ideas cause I am stumped? BTW my computer is a fairly new notebood running Win7 64 bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Bad, Spring it is.

If FTXCentral is active, then the entries should be active in your scenery folder.

A screenshot will help us work out if you are seeing what you should be.

Note this is a Landclass, Texture and Mesh upgrade, so the airports are not going to look any different.

The first shot shows a "photoreal" surface. Would that be the YMLT freeware?

Photoreal textures take priority and will display over the top of landclass (with very few exceptions) so this area will not have visibly changed.

Remember, this is a landclass, texture and mesh upgrade ... so the airports are not altered.

The textures look a little blurry, which is a configuration issue (LOD Radius very low?, or Gfx card settings). There also looks to be no autogen (autogen slider setting very low?)

That might be some FTX texture in the background of the first shot, but TBH, with the blur, I am having a little difficulty being sure.

Posted Image

Ian, I have just reinstalled FSX with no FTX and it is still not allowing me to put addons in. The image I have just posted is Native FSX near launceston.

In the initial pics I had some of FSX freeware installed including the YMLT freeware I would have thought the area would have looked a lot better than that. The FTX screenshots show much better definition and definetly not what I am seeing.

Ok thanks Ian, I have fixed this now. Have bought the full Australia set and installed. Struggled a bit because coldstream wasnt there but have installed the patch that fixed that. I think we can call this resolved. BTW there were a number of things that happened that made me thing that the issue was the FTX install but I guess correlation does not mean causation. Some of the things you said in your last post set me straight. Thanks for you help. Now Im not sure how to close this off.

Archived