remove YRED?

IW11

Guys

I am having serious frame reductions & crash problems at YRED & as a result I wish to remove it for the present. I can't see any listing in the scenery or uninstall so I'm guessing that it's loaded in the addon scenery somewhere. Could someone point me to the right spot and or files please.

Ian

Thanks for the help I will be able to remove YRED now. I don't have many airports loaded but YPMQ & anything in Gold & Blue mostly deliver 20-25 easily with Carenado cessna's & I don't have YMML. I'd rather not have scenery if performance is an issue, keeping in mind that I have never really taken a like to FSX on my present computer (double core P3.2).

I appreciate the effort you guys make to produce scenery.

To answer your questions;

I normally get a locked 25 (probably not much more unlocked),and do so whan flying just outside the YRED circuit area (rough estimate) but when I enter the circuit the frames cycle downwards to as low as 10 -12.

I have crashed into something "invisible" at very generous heights while attempting to land the helo. Last night I was approaching from the YBBN end but generously towards the buildings  as opposed to runway centre line,looking for the helo pad, and hit the invisible object. I haven't hit any birds,although I have seen them. I did test the balloons for crashes though (deliberately).

Thanks again

Ian

Ian I was having the same trouble but I turned off the crash detection and it's ok now the guys are well aware of the problem and will get it sorted out eventually but in the mean time I would still keep YRED installed as it's a beautiful piece of work, I just wish someone would do YBBN (hint hint hint) ahhgh I know in time some one will :)

in the mean time I love the work.

Hey Mango what about YCAB next :)

The Framerate problems NEAR YRED are not caused by YRED.  There is a "Brisbane Triangle" of low framerates NW of Brizzo.  The low framerates remain even after disabling all FSX scenery exept base stuff required to boot.  So it's inherent to FSX (not FTX) and some say is a carryover from FS9.

Frame-rate issues aside...I have flown extensively all around YRED always with crash detection ON without any problems.

It's a masterpiece of small GA airfield, possibly re-installing may help -with a little system tweaking for better performance..

• 1 year later...

The simple thing regarding crashes is to turn crash detection off. It is a know problem with YRED which we hope to fix.

Searching on crashes at YRED I found this thread so I add my comment even if it is an old one, but I found no hint that it is solved.

Just by chance I found out that the metal plates bolted on the tarmac cause a crash on aircraft. Because when you roll over them, they induce an accelleration into the gear which is over the threshold of the gear definition.

Archived