A few randoms...

G'day all,

Bit of an eclectic mix here today, just a few shots taken during various flights made over the past week. All have had a bit of editing done - colour, brightness, etc. Hope you like 'em!

Posted Image

On tow - a bit of soaring around Narromine, NSW. A nice hot day, only 4kts of wind... should be magnificent thermal conditions.

Posted Image

Release! Flying free in the ASH-25. Wave goodbye to the towpilot! The ugly cloud shadows are generated by CumulusX, really wish you could turn them off.

Posted Image

Hooking in to the first thermal, a 6m/s boomer that took me all the way to cloudbase.

Posted Image

Takeoff from Port Macquarie in the JS41

Posted Image

Dash 8 on the deck at Rockhampton, doing the milk run from Mackay-Rocky-Brisbane.

Posted Image

Taking off from Rockhampton.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Derek

Fantastic shots Derek and some real fine editing - and ... Cloudshadows :o - real nice attempt here - well done!

Just makes me want to speculate ... will they finally be there then in P3DVer.2 ... dreaming - maybe - but who knows ... - and ´til we know for sure I will enjoy this great set of pictures here Derek!

Thanks guys!

Nice shots! Who was the developer of that Dash 8?

Frank, the Dash is from Majestic, it's pretty old and an FS9/FSX release. Good systems and flight model but the VC and even the 2D panels are truly awful by modern standards. They have a very good looking Dash-8 Q400 in the works currently.

Cheers,

Derek

All fine shots, but I really like the "Takeoff from Port Macquarie in the JS41".

"the VC and even the 2D panels are truly awful by modern standards"

I recently spent 34 shekels on an FSX airplane with a terrible VC, I know that feeling.

I spent 4 years in the Navy and I learned many a choice phrase, that I applied to the situation while sending it to the trash bin.

Archived