A strange airfield found

flyguy737

Hi all,

I was driving around today with my work and was just a few minutes north of Dreamworld at upper comera just south of jacobs well and I found a grass airstrip next to the road I didn't get a piccy yet but it was most definatley an airstrip.

Anyone know about this?

???

Heckfield, Jacob's Well YJCW.  It's in OZx - about 9NM N of Mason Field, Southport YSPT and E of the Mt Stapylton Doppler Radar.  It's a great jumping off point for Dunwich, N Stradbroke Is YDUN; Baroco, Kooringal YBCX and Tangalooma YTGA on Moreton Is.  YJCW is surrounded by canefields and there're some ponds just S of it.

You must've found something else as YJCW has 2 strips, at least one of them bitumen, a few hangars, etc - look it up on Google Earth.

Give me a GE placemark and I'll do it for OZx 1.2.

Heckfield, Jacob's Well YJCW.  It's in OZx - about 9NM N of Mason Field, Southport YSPT and E of the Mt Stapylton Doppler Radar.  It's a great jumping off point for Dunwich, N Stradbroke Is YDUN; Baroco, Kooringal YBCX and Tangalooma YTGA on Moreton Is.  YJCW is surrounded by canefields and there're some ponds just S of it.

You must've found something else as YJCW has 2 strips, at least one of them bitumen, a few hangars, etc - look it up on Google Earth.

Give me a GE placemark and I'll do it for OZx 1.2.

ok I'll do the google for you and get back to you I found heckfield in fsx but this othe one has me stumped.

Colin

Hi all,

I was driving around today with my work and was just a few minutes north of Dreamworld at upper comera just south of jacobs well and I found a grass airstrip next to the road I didn't get a piccy yet but it was most definatley an airstrip.

Anyone know about this?

???

I think this is it:

maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=-27.817405,153.346953&spn=0.014082,0.027895&t=h&z=16

The location for the Tiger Moth rides is advertised as Green Meadows Rd, so this seems to be the place.

Greg

And you think that in GE that a bitumen airstrip would stick out like ...  ;)

can someone give me a lat/long for YJCW?

well, maybe not .....

Thanks for the location Greg ...!

Found your mystery stip as well fly!

And you think that in GE that a bitumen airstrip would stick out like ...  ;)

can someone give me a lat/long for YJCW?

well, maybe not .....

Thanks for the location Greg ...!

Found your mystery stip as well fly!

You did ok please enlighten me as I haven't had time to google earth it yet :)

It certainly is Mark. I believe he used to fly out with the Moth on the other side of the highway opposite to Dreamworld near the BP. The Units which are built on the old Tiger Moth field are actually named in honor of the old strip and has a prop out as the developments logo... a nice touch.

But I had always wondered to where he moved to.

Archived