For the Cargo Freaks... some Heavy Lifting

Butch

Hi All,

Its been a while since I've posted, maybe even longer since I painted anything... on the weekend I was inspired enough to complete the cargo variant of the NGX700. I've have a facination with cargo aircraft, maybe becase they tend to fly into the weirdest places and are perhaps the closest to 'bush flying' you'd ever get in a tubie.

In keeping with the theme, I've made this one look somewhat 'used' in apperance. :)

That said, I love about the 700 series because its nimble, almost sporty in handling and... it fits into all the medium sized Oxbx and Ozx aifields. Small regional airfield, short narrow runway, no ILS and limited NAV Aids, you get the picture. As we all know flying is great but its the takeoff and landing we all pay the attention to, especially in tubies which make this scenery and aircraft such an unbeatable combo.

Anyway, this is me getting some stick time out of YBAS headed for Cairns with all the mining gear in the back. Love all those people flow folks in the background who oddly enought are doing exactly as I remember ground folks did when I used to work in the airlines.

Posted Image

Holding for an FTX 737-400 which is about to depart.

Posted Image

We are off, flying the 'needles' on my way out of YBAS.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I thought I would throw in a piccie of its bigger brother the 800 which I did previously. Give you an idea of the size difference between the two, tail strike anyone? :)

Posted Image

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Cheers

Butch

Archived