Coldstream Airport, not available!

anfield ace

Here you go :)

http://myftx.com/FTX...0_BETA_3001.zip

Download these patches as well and install in order.

http://myftx.com/FTX..._PATCH_3002.zip

http://myftx.com/FTX..._PATCH_3003.zip

The beta also adds new type of grass at YLIL as well as YCEM, and over 200 sq km of photoreal land around the airports.

Keep in mind that it is still in beta so the photoreal only shows the winter textures and it is not fully autogen annotated. Enjoyable to fly around nonetheless. I think there is also an OZx airstrip located within the photoreal area.

cheers,

Misha

Hi Misha,

I missed out on the YLIL v2.0 with Coldstream when it was offered for testing the first time around. Then I noticed this this thread, cant wait to see it as I was quite impressed with the screenies that were shown of the airport and surrounds.

I have some Questions though.

Q1. With it being a winter only PR does that mean the whole area incl YLIL become winter only PR textures. What does this effect as far as the other seasons from the surrounding area, or will it be just out of place colour match if winter is not selected. (Other scenery elements will still display correctly I suppose)

Q2. Will the current version (111207) libraries need to be reinstalled after installation.

Q3. Will it overwrite the YLILv1.5, do I need to deactivate the old version to install the new v2.0beta.

Thankyou in advance for advice on smooth install and operation of this scenery.

Kind regards Jethro

Hi Misha,

I missed out on the YLIL v2.0 with Coldstream when it was offered for testing the first time around. Then I noticed this this thread, cant wait to see it as I was quite impressed with the screenies that were shown of the airport and surrounds.

I have some Questions though.

Q1. With it being a winter only PR does that mean the whole area incl YLIL become winter only PR textures. What does this effect as far as the other seasons from the surrounding area, or will it be just out of place colour match if winter is not selected. (Other scenery elements will still display correctly I suppose)

Q2. Will the current version (111207) libraries need to be reinstalled after installation.

Q3. Will it overwrite the YLILv1.5, do I need to deactivate the old version to install the new v2.0beta.

Thankyou in advance for advice on smooth install and operation of this scenery.

Kind regards Jethro

Hey Jethro.

Answer 1: I do believe that is what happens but it definately shouldn't be a problem since I found that even the winter textures blem surprisingly well with the spring textures of the surrounding FTX australia landclass. I guess it'll blend with all seasons, give it a try.

Answer 2: It would be a good idea to reinstall the libs yes (i'm not sure if I did as well but everything works fine as far as i'm concerned).

Answer 3: The v2 beta installer will simply overwrite the 1.5 version, no uninstalling or removing of files required.

cheers,

Misha

Archived