Lake Crescent

HercFan

Alan,

I must say that so far, it would not be fair to do head-to-head match-up between the FSX / P3D. At least for me anyways. I can't because of all the extras I have in FSX. But I am indeed running P3D in a quite "agressive'' setting and it's performing brilliantly. I am running the stock .cfg file, only bumped the FPS to be locked at 40, and the LOD to 6.5. That's it. But there is ''something'' different. I can't just put my finger on it, but I find it very smooth and the textures just load in a snap. For me, the big kicker will be when I will be able to install ASE for real weather.

Also, it's running the same Inspector setting for my 580 as FSX (easy to create a profile for P3D).

Cheers

Thanks Herc,

I have finally ditched my lappy and going straight into I7 9600k with GTx580. I guess i will have to check out this inspector thing and other things as well ..(sigh ).

I started to d/l P3D but had done my monthly allowance . I think I will wait for v2 that will come out sometime. I believe they are looking at new pricing arrangements.

Archived